NEWSPAPER REPORTS ON THE ATTACKS AGAINST REVOLUTION BOOKS BY
FASCISTS, WHITE SUPREMACISTS AND ALT-RIGHT TROLLS
See—and share—this talk, a film of Bob Avakian’s new speech addressing the most urgent question of the day: how to understand, and what to do about, the threat to humanity itself posed by the Trump/Pence regime. This talk—from the most radical revolutionary on the planet—makes the case for massive, sustained nonviolent outpourings to begin on Nov. 4. It traces the roots of the regime—the deeper and more immediate causes of its rise to power. Released Oct. 15.
Censored 2011 - Mickey Huff & Peter Phillips discuss new book by Project Censored, Thursday, Nov. 11 at 7pm at Revolution Books
Additionally, the project commissions articles on the hot-button issues of the year having to do with censorship, alternative media, international news, and other relevant topics.
Here is a list of the top 25 censored stories of 2009-10 selected for inclusion in Censored 2011:
1. Global Plans to Replace the Dollar
2. US Department of Defense is the Worst Polluter on the Planet
3. Internet Privacy and Personal Access at Risk
4. ICE Operates Secret Detention and Courts
5. Blackwater (Xe): The Secret US War in Pakistan
6. Health Care Restrictions Cost Thousands of Lives in US
7. External Capitalist Forces Wreak Havoc in Africa
8. Massacre in Peruvian Amazon over US Free Trade Agreement
9. Human Rights Abuses Continue in Palestine
10. US Funds and Supports the Taliban
11. The H1N1 Swine Flu Pandemic: Manipulating Data to Enrich Drug Companies
12. Cuba Provided the Greatest Medical Aid to Haiti after the Earthquake
13. Obama Cuts Domestic Spending and Increases Military Corporate Welfare
14. Increased Tensions with Unresolved 9/11 Issues
15. Bhopal Water Still Toxic Twenty-five Years After Deadly Gas Leak
16. US Presidents Charged with Crimes Against Humanity as Universal Jurisdiction Dies in Spain
17. Nanotech Particles Pose Serious DNA Risks to Humans and the Environment
18. The True Cost of Chevron
19. Obama Administration Assures World Bank and International Monetary Fund a Free Reign of Abuse
20. Obama's Charter School Policies Spread Segregation and Undermine Unions
21. Western Lifestyle Continues Environmental Footprint
22. 1.2 Billion People in India to be Given Biometric ID Cards
23. Afghan War: Largest Military Coalition in History
24. War Crimes of General Stanley McChrystal
25. Prisoners Still Brutalized at Gitmo
Mickey Huff is an associate professor of history and social science at Diablo Valley College. He is the director of Project Censored, with which he has been involved since 2001. He blogs at www.mythinfo.blogspot.com and www.dailycensored.com.
Peter Phillips, former director of Project Censored, is an associate professor of sociology at Sonoma State University and president of the Media Freedom Foundation. He is known for his op-ed pieces in the alternative press and independent newspapers nationwide. He is the 2009 recipient of the Dallas Smythe Award, presented by the Union for Democratic Communication.
Project Censored, founded in 1976 by Carl Jensen, has as its principal objective the advocacy for and protection of First Amendment rights and the freedom of information in the United States. In 2008, Project Censored received the PEN/Oakland Literary Censorship Award for the publication of Censored 2009. For more information, visit www.projectcensored.org.
November 11, Thursday at 7pm