Sunday, January 29, 4-6pm at Revolution Books
Join us -- at a Brainstorming Meeting for the BAsics Bus Tour. Learn more about the plans so far and bring your own ideas. Your help is needed: this revolutionary Tour is getting ready to hit the road!
And to all our friends in the Central Valley, Bay Area and North Bay or out in Davis: contact us to help with the Tour in your area or to invite the Tour to your town or school!
BAsics Bus Tour coming in February!!
The BAsics Bus Tour, sponsored by Revolution Books, will travel to college campuses, schools, community centers, from the mountains, to the valleys, from the suburbs to the rural areas, from Southern to Northern California in February. "Imagine buses with eye-catching decorations touring the nation, spreading revolution and BA's voice to those hungry for it in outlying areas..." This will hit the road starting from L.A. and travel north, stopping along the way until it gets to Northern California. This tour's experience will be recorded with regular updates posted online, sharing their accomplishments and what they're learning with the world. It will be a pilot project for a larger tour that will travel throughout the U.S. later in the year.
Funds and volunteers are needed right now.
What Can You Do?
* If you think the BAsics bus tour should come to your area, tell us why, where it should go, what it should do there. We want to hear from you.
* If you want to volunteer to be part of the BAsics Bus Tour, come into Revolution Books and fill out an application.
*If you would like to donate funds to the tour, you can send a check to Revolution Books, 2425 Channing Way, Berkeley, CA 94704. In the memo line, please write, "Bus Tour" or you can send a donation through Pay-Pal on this website. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us your donation is for the bus tour.
* You can read more about the campaign and experiences in other parts of the country at www.revcom.us.
* Fundraising parties, bake sales, garage sales are some of the ways funds can be raised. Let us know your plans so others can contribute to them.
Things We Need for the Tour:
* dvd players
* IPOD/mp3 players
* a generator
* a free standing projection screen
* a projector that can project outdoors onto large surfaces
* audio sound system, including speakers, 4 channel mixer, microphones and cables
Please let us know if you have any of these things to lend or if you would like to donate funds so they can be purchased.