|Not One More protest in Oakland 10-13-14|
Students at Oct 10 Speakout, Boalt Hall UCB
Not One More!
WE MUST STOP IT NOW!
Mon, October 13th
3 pm, Fruitvale BART Plaza
October 22nd will see Massive Demonstrations in many cities against Police Brutality, Repression and the Criminalization of A Generation. "In October, 2014, our resistance to mass incarceration must reverberate across the country and around the world. There must be powerful demonstrations nationwide on October 22, the National Day of Protest to Stop Police Brutality, Repression and the Criminalization of a Generation. Throughout October there must be panels and symposiums on campuses and in neighborhoods; major concerts and other cultural expressions; ferment in the faith communities, and more—all aimed at taking the movement to STOP mass incarceration to a much higher level. October, 2014, must be a month that makes clear that thousands and thousands are willing to stand up and speak out today and to awaken and rally forth millions."
- New Audio! Chuck D takes the pledge for the Month of Resistance.
- Author and poet Alice Walker dedicated her new poem "Gather" to Carl Dix and Cornel West. It is posted on her website under a graphic calling for the October Month of Resistance.
- Carl Dix & Cornel West call for Month of Resistance to Mass Incarceration
- National Day Against Police Brutality Oct. 22 (Advert)
- WE URGE YOU TO COME TO FERGUSON MISSOURI FROM OCTOBER 10th TO OCTOBER 13th
- Stop Mass Incarceration Faith Based Initiative
- Call to Teachers: We Don't Have to Get Used To Oppression—A Month of Resistance Against the New Jim Crow by a High School Teacher in the Bay Area. "Over the last few years, I've taught about the New Jim Crow..."
- October Month of Resistance Actions calendar by city, dates and national days of coordinated action.
- Local SF Bay Area Facebook page